December 17, 2013

Snow: -Please Uninsert Here-

I hate snow.

There, I've said it. And all of you that don't get snow and think it's such a blessing that I have it and that I shouldn't be complaining... well, obviously you don't get snow.

In theory, having snow is great. It's so pretty, fun to play in, and gives you those oh-so-welcomed 2 hour delays and snow days during grade school. Well once you hit life after high school graduation, snow is anything but great.

Life Rule #3
Snow is Satan.

Have you ever had a lot of snow during finals week? If not, let me just throw out there how stressful it is knowing that a snow storm is coming and not being sure if your finals the following day will be canceled. Our Monday morning 8am finals were canceled and moved to Saturday, luckily for me, my professor allowed us to come in at 10am (when the school opens on a 2 hour delay schedule, which is what we had) to take the final. To be honest, there was no way that I was staying Saturday. My best friend of the past 17 years graduated from college on Saturday, and I was not going to miss that. PS. Can I just say, holy crap, my best friend just graduated COLLEGE. her schooling career is over. what? when did we get so old?

You see, as Luke Danes says, "snow is just annoying wet stuff that falls from the sky". I couldn't agree more. It ruins plans, and it ruins days. You wouldn't like it much if your plans to go hang out with your boyfriend on your 7 month anniversary got ruined because the roads near his house were snow covered and it took you over a hour to scrape off all of the 4 inches of ice and snow from your car.

Now I don't mean to complain (oh who are we kidding, we all know how much I love to complain) but I just find snow very aggravating. It's a pain to shovel, it's a pain to drive in, I'm a bitter old woman now who has lost all of her youth and childhood and won't play in the snow anymore, it's cold, it's slippery (don't know the number of times I've fallen on my ass because of it), it sucks to scrape off your car, it's wet... It's just pretty much lost all of the magic for me.

I miss the days when I loved that it was snowing; when the lyrics, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" were actually true. But the truth of the matter is that I'm now a 22 year old who has places to go and people to see and doesn't take kindly to precipitation getting in the way of that. Need I mention the horrible snow storm we got the weekend of my 20th birthday that caused us to lose power and ruined my birthday plans? And my birthday is in October - Pennsylvania isn't supposed to get snow storms in October.

To top it all off, I have had a cold for the past week (yes, during finals week). I've lost my voice and keep being awoken in the middle of the night by my inability to cease coughing. It's been rough. Winter sucks. But at least finals week is over, and I don't have all of that stress weighing down on me, too. I did well on all of my finals, thanks for asking. Let's just hope that my psycho art teacher doesn't give me a C in her class. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to handle having anything under a B on my transcript. (yes. i'm one of those people.)

So here's my warning to you now: BEWARE THE SNOW. It'll mess you up. Anyway, I hope you all are having or about to have a nice needed break from school and a happy holiday season.

Peace. Love. I Hate Snow.

4 comments:

  1. Snow is Satan.. I HEAR YA! I couldn't agree more. I hate the winter, and snow. Pretty ready for summer, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my, I can't wait for summer! Snow has been on the ground nonstop for the past 2 months... I just hope by the end of the month it's all gone and everything is warming up!

      Delete
  2. The only thing worse than snow is that slush that comes after it! The combination of snow, ice and mud. Makes everything you own dirty and feels even worse when someone is throwing a 'slush ball' at you haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially if it's a gray, dismal day out... makes everything so gloomy and slushy. I have been very fortunate never to have been attacked by a slush ball, haha. I might have to punch whoever threw it at me in the face xD

      Delete